For tea lovers there is really no better online community than the Instagram community. So many tea enthusiasts are active on Instagram on a daily basis, spreading their newest tea finds and tasting notes. I love Instagram for the tea community and the tea geeks active on it provide a very valuable stream of information on the best teas and shops around. That’s why I want to feature the accounts I love the follow in my ‘My InstaTea Friends Book’. This week: @tea_tography
Note from Tea Leafster
I only discovered the account of @tea_tography a few weeks ago and I was hooked right away. It’s absolutely stunning how @tea_tography captures the moment in a tea session. Moments you cannot capture with your eyes. The drop that bounces back from the cup. The stream of hot water hitting the teapot. The flow of tea leaving the gaiwan. All photographed in a beautiful light with the smoke of incense completing the picture. Looking at the feed of @tea_tography, I can only wish I was able to hit pause during a tea session and be in that moment myself.
What’s in your cup?
– Crimson Lotus’ Hidden Song Sheng Puerh.
Where are you from?
– Oregon, I currently live in north Texas though.
What is your involvement with tea?
– I love taking pictures of tea and sometimes review it! I see it as a very meditative process, drinking tea.
How many teas are currently in your stash?
– Oh man… probably 30 right now? I used to have 120+ when I lived in Hawaii, had to cut down when I moved.
Your favorite kind of tea?
– Oolong! Specifically milk oolong.
Best tea you drank in the past six months?
– Jingmai Love from Crimson Lotus, it’s a sheng Puerh.
Recommended shops to buy tea?
– Online: Crimson Lotus, White2Tea and Yunnan Sourcing! I don’t know any physical shops.
Favorite tea house to visit?
– I’d say the Cultured Cup in Dallas, TX!
Dilemma: Never to use a Gaiwan anymore/Never to use a Yixing pot anymore
– Never to use a Yixing pot anymore, because I use them for specific teas, so if I can only drink a certain tea because I only have my Yixing pot I’d be sad!!
Your favorite picture from your Instagram account?
– This picture, because it’s so meditative!
Immortal monkey is a very smooth shou puerh @yunnan_sourcing . . . #tea #teatime #instatea #Gaiwan #tealife #ilovetea #teaaddict #tealover #tealovers #teagram #healthy #drink #hot #mug #teaoftheday #teacup #teastagram #teaholic #tealove #tealife #gongfu #gongfucha #oolong #puerh #greentea #vintage #yixing #photography #photographer #nikon
Thanks for writing in my InstaTea Friends Book @tea_tography!
Also check out last weeks InstaTea Friends book with @teanebs!